Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day 1



I had a chance to be at the Suvanabhumi Airport on September 28, 2006, the first day that it was opened for public, to pick up my younger brother who was coming back from Chiang Mai around midnight.

It was chaotic! The signage was confusing. The traffic was uncontrollable on the drive-way in front of the arrival hall.

So, I went up to the parking building. While I was driving up to the long que, I saw about eight people trying to jot down all the license plate numbers on coupon-like papers. Hmm, they even charged the parking fee on the first day…On the way out to the exit, see the picture above, there were two women sitting in the booth, using a hand-held calculator to sum up the fee. One man was helping them collecting the coupons.

But, when I went there again, two days later, I found that parking was free of charge. Well, I guess those who have got the parking service concession are on holiday.

This is only a personal account to the new airport. I’m sure many have their experiences to share.

Read about other major problems
http://www.2bangkok.com/2bangkok/sbia/sep28.shtml

Background and latest news…
http://www.2bangkok.com/2bangkok/sbia/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home